Friday, September 05, 2003

Spon-tay-nee-us


So, I have been away for awhile for a couple of reasons. First of all, I couldn't log in to my page for a couple days, but I appear to have come back to life. Yay. Secondly, Luke and I decided this week to take a very spur-of-the-moment trip back to Ann Arbor. We were being a good organized married couple on Tuesday, and sat down to compare planners for the next couple weeks, to figure out who had what appointments, when we could go home for a couple days, that sort of thing. It turned out that this week was the only time we could go home, so we packed up and left. It was fun to just get up and go. We only told a couple people we were leaving, and made plans to see friends on the way home via cell phone. It is a strange world we live in, where we can travel and communicate in an instant.
In other spontaneous-related news, my mom sent me the link for an Improv jazz festival in Baltimore called High Zero. My sister, Katt, is one of the musicians there. They like her a lot, and say nice things about her such as "one of the most inspired of the new generation of Boston improvisors". I have tried to explain to people in the past the kind of stuff my sister does with her music - this is it folks.
Tonight there will be a wedding rehearsal, then a dinner, then tomorrow a birthday bash for Heather and a wedding. Ah, life changes. They happen, may as well mark it with a party!

No comments: