Wednesday, September 17, 2003

malls, minnesota and mystery


Today was a blast and I bought things. I know its superficial, but I am a serious fan of retail therapy. Today's purchases were made at Gurnee Mills. Trish, Anna, and the beautiful baby Sofie and I trekked up to the outlets, and returned with many bags. I got red pants, a new purse, a purple tie for Luke, and an outfit for my friend Devon's baby. The baby clothes will be a present for Coleman, who is six months old, and whom I will meet for the first time tomorrow. Another road trip! Tripp, Trish, Luke & I will be piling into the Civic and taking off for Minneapolis for the weekend. Its really a lovely city, with big lakes and walking paths, and a really good ice cream store called Sebatian Joes. Then, orientation will start here at Seabury and down at University of Chicago for Luke. Sigh. Road trips are absolutely the best way to end summer vacation though... kicking back in a tank top and shorts, listening to Paul Simon and Lauryn Hill, and just driving. Anything becomes possible.

I could go crazy on a night like tonight
When summer's beginning to give up her fight
And every thoughts a possibility
And the voices are heard, but nothing is seen
Why do you spend this time with me
Maybe an equal mystery

-Mystery, Indigo Girls

No comments: