Saturday, August 30, 2003

Take Me Out...


I just got back from my first baseball game at Wrigley Field! Now, as some of you may recall, I am not a baseball fan. I like football. But its true - going to a real game at a stadium is fun. I had a hot dog, and french fries and cotton candy, and I got to see Sammy Sosa hit a really good one, even though it didn't count for anything cuz they tagged the other guy out. Baseball is definitely much better in person. There were two big differences between this, and football games at the Big House in Ann Arbor. First, baseball is a much prettier game than football... the field is nice and green, and the players don't rip up all the grass in the process of playing the game. On the other hand, these fans weren't very nice - it takes an awful lot of Michigan fans to boo their own players. It seemed pretty common at Wrigley. So, is that a baseball/football thing? A college/pro thing? I dunno. Anyway, the game was a lot of fun. Now, time to figure out how to get tickets to Soldier Field...
PS - Michigan won its season opener today. Yay! College Football season is here!!

No comments: