Saturday, July 24, 2004

Meatless


I am staying with friends near Notre Dame while I take the Brueggemann class, and one of the things we do is watch the news twice a day. I think CNN needs to fill time sometimes, because they run news all day. So, this week, I learned that PETA has announced the Sexiest Vegetarians of the Year!Turns out that Andre 3000 from Outkast and Alicia Silverstone were this years big winners. My top pick didn't even make the list, but then again, I guess Luke isn't really famous enough yet! I think they should have the Sexy Vegetarians give some advice on how to be vegetarian - like their favorite cookbooks, or how they get enough protein. Of course, celebrities probably don't always cook for themselves, so I 'll just give you my favorites instead.
Moosewood Cooks At Home is yet another cookbook put out by the Moosewood Collective in Ithaca, New York. I like this one best because the recipies are fast, pretty easy, and they suggest menu combinations.

Jack Bishop's Complete Italian Vegetarian Cookbookis also really amazing. Pasta, stuffed veggies, fritters, polenta, salads. My favorites out of here are Zuchinni-Lemon Fritters and Satueed Chery Tomatoes. Plus, there are pretty pictures! What could be better?

No comments: