Monday, July 19, 2004

94 and counting...


Luke's grandma turns 94 this month. She is an amazing lady, really the matriarch of the family. Luke and I won't be seeing her on her birthday this year, so we stopped by her place on Sunday for dinner. She recently moved into an assisted living home, where she has already made many friends. She told us about the new minister at her church, how the cousins are doing, and talked about whether or not anyone would want to actually live in the Frank Lloyd Wright house in Ann Arbor. She is very excited about my becoming a "minister" and told me she found a saying I might use sometime in a sermon:
 
Inner Peace
I am passing this on to you becasue it has deifnitely owrked for me. By following the simple advice I read in an article, I have finally found inner peace. It reads: "The way to achieve inner peace is to finish all the things you've started." I looked around to see all the things I started and hadn't finished. So, today I have finished one bottle of white wine, a bottle of red wine, a bottle of Apple Pucker, my Prozac, a large box of chocolates and a quart of beer. You have no idea how good I feel. You may pass this on to those you feel are in need of Inner Peace.
 
The best part? I think Grandma would actually love to hear a sermon with all that worked in. Gosh, I hope I'm as sharp-witted and have such a sense of humor when I'm half her age. Happy Birthday Grandma!

No comments: