Friday, May 04, 2007

Double Double Party

Its time for the NBA playoffs, which means lots o' basketball on in my household. Before I got married, I would've thought a double double had something to do with ice cream. Or some Shakespearean witches. Now I know its a basketball term about stats - and poor Dirk Nowitzki managed to average a double double in the first 5 games of their Round 1 series, and he's still going to have a crappy off-season because his game six performance was so terrible. A double double is good, it just isn't enough to win a series.

Also, its what I'm calling my post because I'm playing two Friday fives.

So, last week first: The What Are You Game!
What are you...
Wearing? Jeans, a tank top and a cute red & white polka-dot short-sleeved button-down. And no shoes or socks, cuz I'm sitting on my front porch enjoying the sunny mid-60s weather on my day off.

Pondering? The workshop I'm doing tomorrow on "Essentials for Parish Youth Ministry" at a diocesan event. Specifically, a comment someone made recently that if you want a strong youth formation program, you need a good adult formation. I'm not sure about the ordering there, but I do think there is a close relationship. If I could articulate that before tomorrow afternoon, that'd be nice.

Reading? Anne Lamott's new book, Grace (Eventually), which my mom got for me for Easter. My latest issues of Blueprint magazine and Cooking Light. Also, I started Dianna Butler Bass Christianity For The Rest of Us, but I've misplaced it...

Dreaming? About re-decorating my office/spare room here at home. So far, an enormous map of the world, a new desk, and some star-shaped things are part of the idea.

Eating? Um, I was always taught not to eat at a computer. But for dinner tonight - panzanella, with basil from the plant on my patio and some Trader Joe's sourdough I picked up yesterday.


And now its time to Parrrrrrty!

1) Would you rather be the host or the guest?
Both! I like hosting parties on the smaller side and planning food, but I like going and not having to plan too.

2) When you are hosting, do you clean everything up the minute the guests go home? Will you accept help with the dishes?
Um, you'd have to ask my husband... so I guess thats a yes!

3) If you had the wherewithal, and I guess I mean more than money, to throw a great theme party, what would the theme be?
If I could think of party themes, I'd have more parties.

4) What's the worst time you ever had at a party?
I went to a wedding once where the bride's father had too much to drink and made a really uncomfortable toast... especially odd, since there wasn't any alcohol served at that wedding, come to think of it.

5) And to end on a brighter note, what was the best?
My own wedding reception! Seriously, we had great food, great people, great dancing. It was a blast - and people besides us said so too :)

No comments: