Monday, June 30, 2003

I Do, I Do


The Shaefer household has been busy tonight. Luke is getting ready to leave tomorrow for California. My best friend is getting married on Saturday in Berkeley, CA and Luke and I are both in the wedding party. I get to be the "Lady of Honor"... neither of us liked the sound of "matron", so we improvised. Josy and I have been best friends since we were 12ish, and that is quite a long time. I'm having a hard time adjusting to her getting married, and owning a house. But this weekend should be a grand affair, and Luke looks awfully handsome in a tux! You can check out their wedding website here and see pictures of Josy and Jason. Yup, shes marrying a computer geek. But hey - you're reading a blog right now, aren't you?
In other news, CPE continues to be a bit frustrating with our supervisor issues, but group discussions are getting more, um, shall we say, frank? So perhaps this will bring good things for our little group. The five of us are at least bonding in our frustration. I have also completed Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. It was scary. Bill has said some interesting things about the book already on his blog. Its still sinking in for me. Now I need something else to read however. I'm considering Bonhoeffer's Life Together, and being encouraged by my fellow CPE-er (Tripp) but I may want something a bit lighter. Ideas anyone?
Finally, a quote from my friend Liz's livejournal: Do I contradict myself? Very well then, I contradict myself! I am large, I contain multitudes" - Walt Whitman

No comments: