Thursday, June 05, 2003

Milestones


I am waiting for copies of the Seabury commencement scripts to print. Jeff, Alex and I are heading over to St. Luke's to get everything ready for tomorrow's ceremony, and it all just feels strange. I've lived in a university town my whole life, so graduations aren't a new thing to me, but this somehow feels different. Maybe it's because this graduation is accompanied by ordinations. Maybe its because I'm sad that there are wondeful people leaving this community, that I barely had a chance to get to know. Maybe its because this graduation means I'm one year closer to this crazy dream of the priesthood. Maybe its because this graduation falls just two days before my first wedding anniversary. Or maybe its just because its still only 55 degrees in Evanston, and thats just not right!

No comments: