Wednesday, April 09, 2003

Where does the time go when its not around here?


I'm having a hard time keeping up with this whole blogging thing... I feel like when I'm sitting in class, I have good ideas for posts, but I can never seem to remember them when I'm sitting at my computer. i think that memory is the cost of busy-ness for me. When there is so much going on, my mind tends to latch on to the more practical pieces of information, like what meeting I should show up for, and loses the more theorectical kinds of notions. For example, I was thinking the other day about Christianity being a liminal religion, and I know I had some good thoughts, but they're totally gone. A couple things concern me about this. First, I really can't chalk this all to up to senior moments, at least not seriously. So what am I going to be like by the time I'm in my late 30's and 40's? Secondly, if I want to teach someday, I think I have the opposite personality needed to write a dissertation - I can keep track of deadlines, but I might forget the point of my dissertation! Maybe this is all to reinforce my thoughts that I'm called to bring organization to the world of theological education.

No comments: