Wednesday, April 30, 2003

Rain, Rain, Go Away


It has been raining all day here in Evanston. As I mentioned to Trevor yesterday, my moods tend to run in sync with the weather report. So, it has been a bit of a long day, and the edge-iness of being in seminary is wearing on me and my classmates. Thankfully, David has replied in words that I was too tired to think of. Maybe that is what community is for - when you are too tired, annoyed, or confused to find hope in brokeness, someone else is there to remind you how. Thanks David.
On another (hopefully more cheery note), I was thinking in class today about how I got hooked into this blogging thing. At my old job, I was on the "tech innovations" committee, and part of my being in that group meant investigating blogs. I had a few that I read regularly for a while, although I don't seem to remember any of them anymore. So I came to Seabury a bit primed for this whole blogging thing. And then, to find that my new neighbor (Jeff) and some of his friends (Tripp) did this... how could I not get involved? And now, I have been hooked. I wonder how everyone else around here got hooked. Was it an immediate conversion experience? Or were y'all slowly converted as you learned and tried it out? Yup, I'm trying to make not-so-subtle connections between the blogging world and evangelism. But hey, that is where my mind wandered this morning in my sullen, rainy mood. I guess rain ain't all bad.

By the way, I've added some links to my sidebar- they are other Seabury juniors in Ethics class with me. Smart ones, all of them, with some very different backgrounds and ideas. Just more fuel for the procrastination fire, in case anyone needs it!

No comments: