Monday, April 07, 2003

April Fools!


We woke up to a bunch of snow this morning in Chicago, some kind of late April Fool's joke, I guess. It was actually sort of pretty until I remembered that I had to get out of bed. Which I did, and I even got to all my meetings on time. I spent some good time on a new project last night. The junior class at Seabury has started doing weekly prayer partners, which I think will be a big blessing for our class community. I'm doing the assignments by random drawing, and then writing up the notes to let people know. Its a wonderful way to start the week, spending that time on Sunday night thinking about my classmates. This week was especially good- I read a book called "Ethics After Christendom" by Vigen Guroian, about ecclesially-centered ethics. While I'm not going to get into that today (sorry, but I already had to do my 500 words on that), it reminded me again of the importance of Christian community. So, another week has begun, and it will be full of more mess-ups and failures and little sucesses, and I hope to praise God through all of it.Speaking of little sucesses, I have also been offered & accepted CPE placement at Advocate Bethany Hospital, so it looks like I'll be seeing a lot of Tripp this summer!

No comments: