Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Vertigo


Thank you all for your well-wishes and prayers. They are much appreciated. As a welcome distraction, Luke and I had tickets to the U2 show on Monday night in Chicago. U2 is awesome. They are even more awesome live. If you get the chance to see them, you just should, because they are awesome.

I had fun at the concert, can you tell? It really was amazing. Interestingly, it made me remember why I like praise music too, but that is for another post perhaps. My favorite part of the concert (besides the first two songs - "City of Blinding Lights" and "Vertigo" - the energy in the United Center could have solved our fuel crisis) was during the second encore: I don't know what this woman on the floor said, but Bono brought her up onto the walkway part of the stage and said "you should know that giving a false commerical is a federal crime". Then, the Edge handed her his guitar, and Bono asked her what she wanted to play!!! So, she (and a bunch of her friends from the floor) said "Party Girls" - so she played guitar, Bono sang it, and the rest of the band played along. They did pretty much the whole song. It was so crazy!! And yeah, I was jealous. Guess I should work on my U2 and Indigo Girls music, just in case I ever get that chance.

No comments: