Friday, November 12, 2004

Irony?


I've been doing a lot of driving this week, mostly on I-94 between the two places I call home. I learned once that messing with the CD player while you're driving is bad, and can even make your car go spinning off the road, so I try not to do that anymore. So, I was listening to the radio, one of the stations in Chicago that I like. The song "1985" by Bowling for Soup came on. Its a fun song - and I'm old enough to get the references, but young enough that they don't make me feel old. The chorus goes like this:

Springstein, Madonna
Way before Nirvana
There was U2 and Blondie
And music still on MTV
Her two kids in high school
They tell her that she’s uncool
But she still preoccupied
With 19, 19, 1985


So heres the thing. The next song they played on this station? One by U2. Without any comment from the DJ or anything. I suppose this isn't the classic definition of irony, but gosh, it amused me for at least 30 miles.

No comments: