Friday, November 19, 2004

Green Light


Its finally official. I got a call from my Bishop's office today. In exactly one month, I will be ordained a transitional deacon in the Episcopal Church. I am overwhelmed, excited, humbled... really, my head was just sort of spinning for about an hour after I got the voicemail. I was also the cantor for the service that started 20 minutes after I got the voicemail. Turns out that Chapel is the perfect place to be in that situation though- especically when you're as extroverted as I am. It'll be a good day- I'll be in very good company for ordinations that day, even if that isn't physical company. I will be ordained with three other women, Shannon, Joyce and Lisa. Please keep all of us in your prayers- and hey, if you're in the Detroit area on December 18th, stop by the Cathedral of St. Paul at 10 am! Its a lovely place, and we'd love to have you.

No comments: