Friday, January 04, 2008

New Year Friday Five

2007 went out with a bang! We've had visits from friends, a birthday (the husband, not me), good food and a good break. Obama won the Iowa caucus, Michigan won Lloyd's last game. Life has been pretty great.

Now that I'm back to work, it seems like a good time to play the Friday Five again!



Well it had to be didn't it, love them or hate them I bet you've been asked about New Year resolutions. So with no more fuss here is this weeks Friday Five:

1. Do you make New Year resolutions?
I always have before - and not just in January. I've made new school year, birthday, new church year resolutions too! But this Janauary, I'm just not there. So much seems in flux for us right now, and so little we can control about it all, that I just can't get into the whole resolution thing.

2. Is this something you take seriously, or is it a bit of fun?
I usually take them seriously - not in the "get down on myself" way, but usually resolutions are about hope for me. And, you know, thats inherently serious and fun at the same time.

3. Share one goal for 2008.
I plan to turn 30.

4. Money is no barrier, share one wild/ impossible dream for 2008
We would own a transporter machine, so that no matter where we end up living, we could be near friends and family without long travel times. Hey, if money is no barrier, I don't see why physics should be either!

5. Someone wants to publish a story of your year in 2008, what will the title of that book be?
Manaman (doot doot doot doot doot)
Hard to make sense of it, but it still sticks in your head for some reason. See? You're singing it, aren't you?

5 comments:

Tripp Hudgins said...

I have the tune stuck in my head. It's true.

Processing Counselor said...

I like the transporter machine. May have to get one on my list!

Di said...

Man, I want that machine, too!

Dawgdays said...

I could SO use a transporter.

And I think I'm glad I don't know that song.

Happy New Year, by the way.

Jan said...

Turning 30 in 2008 makes me realize that I could be your mother. Wow. Glad you're doing so well.