Thursday, June 03, 2004

Times They Are A Changin


Another academic year at Seabury is done, except for the whole commencement business. Busy-ness? Either one I suppose. I am a big person for closure and ritual, so I'm looking forward to commencement. The last week has been good in this way too. Last Thursday was Awards Night. During the beautiful and wonderfully-planned service, I received the W. Taylor Stevenson Award in Contemporary Theology. You can read it here, if you'd like. I was able to pass on my John Calvin (Low Church) award and Martha Stewart Award, reincarnated as the Fab Five Award, during the sillines that followed the beautiful service. All in all, it was a jolly good time. Then last night, I was able to be a cantor with http://janellen.blogspot.com/ while our AngloBaptist friend officiated at the last Evensong of the year, and the Librarian read the Scripture. It was beautiful, a gift, and God was glorified. And, I don't believe for a second that it is the last Evensong the Anglobaptist will officiate. Today I get continued closure on the year: Bossing around the graduates at rehearsal! Fun is such an important part of closure.

No comments: