Monday, March 22, 2004

Dream, Dream, Dream


I confess that I am hooked on The Apprentice- the reality show where people are competing for a job running one of Donald Trump's companies. I didn't realize just how hooked I was though. Last night, I had a dream where I was a contestant on the Apprentice. The task was to design and sell automobiles- and of course, the team who earned the most money in sales won. There were only three people on our team, and I wasn't the Project Manager, but I came up with idea to sell SUVs- they cost more than regular cars, and they're very popular, so we'd make more money. Our team won, and then I had to go buy a shirt and tie, but I couldn't find any that matched. Clearly this is not reality- I'm doing engineering work and I don't know how to shop!
Then, in Theology class today (yes, classes have started again here at Seabury, more on that another day) Trevor was talking about Thomas Aquinas' argument structure. He noted how Aquinas would set up an answer that some might give, then take it apart, and land at his final answer. I daydreamed for a moment (just a moment, Trevor, I promise!) and pictured Thomas Aquinas on Who Wants to Be A Millionaire? "Well, Regis... Mr. So&So might say A because blah blah blah, but really, they are missing the Scriptural connection. The answer is actually D. Final answer". It amused me, and I learned that I watch too much TV.

No comments: