Tuesday, July 15, 2003

The Night is for Stillness


I'm jinxing myself with that heading, oh well. It seems that I only write when I'm on-call these days. So I'm back at the hospital, hanging out in the chaplains office. I read the night prayer over the PA system, and it made me think of a night prayer from the New Zealand prayer book. I don't remember exactly how it goes, but I think it starts "It is night. THe night is for stillness.." My mother-in-law always liked that one. My night has been relatively quiet so far, but I had my first solo visit to the behavioral unit. I was pretty nervous, but it turned out to be a pleasant visit. Just a gentleman needing prayer and strength to turn his life around and continue with rehab. We see a lot of that around here - Tripp sees it everyday. Sigh.
Last night I saw a wonderful wonderful thing: Abraham's Calling (staring the lovely & talented Trish Austin). Luke and Tripp and I saw it, and Frank was there doing the "talk-back" after the show. The show was beautifully done, it was thought provoking, and I really encourage everyone to go see it. You just should. Okay, I may not be very convincing tonight because I'm too tired to think of a better reason, so I'm going to go with the "You should do it because I say so" reason. Ask Tripp, Frank, Luke or Trish for a better reason!

No comments: