Friday, February 03, 2006

Circle of Life

Some weeks I feel like my time flows from the marker of my day off, which I am enjoying in a thoroughly lazy style today. It is almost one o'clock, and so far I have slept in, read some of my book
for the Lenten book review program at church, made oatmeal and watched Crossing Jordan. Have I mentioned that this is our new favorite show? We discovered it last spring, mostly because it came on Sundays at 9 pm, when we are very likely to want to turn the TV on. But, the main character is sassy yet caring, and Jerry O'Connell is adorable. So there you go.

But I digress. It is now almost time for me to shower and get dressed and accomplish some things. There are two big events in the next day and half, and both need some prep work. First, my mom is coming for dinner tonight and we are going to see The Lion King. I'm pretty excited about this - I've wanted to see it for a long time, ever since the Sacristan and his wife saw it in Chicago - she raved about it for days. We're going for my mom's birthday which was earlier this week. But, in order to eat dinner, I need to go grocery shopping, which also means figuring out what we're having.

I also need to go the store to obtain bread-making supplies like flour and, um... flour. Luke has recently decided that he wants to learn to make bread. I happen to know how to make bread, although I haven't done it for a couple years. I am really looking forward to spending the day mixing and kneading and baking, and having the house smell like dough and fresh-baked bread. Plus, I am sure the activity will help me finish those pesky RevGal devotions on Psalm 34: Taste and see that the Lord is good. Indeed.

3 comments:

Jane Ellen+ said...

I recently finished RevGal reflecting on the "Bread of Life." I'm sensing a theme here...

anummabrooke said...

The Boy and I have been on a cooking spree these days, but had not yet gotten into bread-making. Maybe this Saturday we'll fill the house with the scent of sourdough, or poppyseed, or rye...

Anonymous said...

I am very impressed with those that bake bread.