Saturday, January 07, 2006

Day Late, Dollar Short - Friday Fives

Where does that phrase come from, anyway?

I am, in fact, a dollar short. I wanted to buy a snack yesterday when I was driving around and I could've sworn I had a dollar in my purse. Unfortunately I did not. I was sad because I was craving one of those candy bars with the pretzels and carmel and peanuts. But then we had soup & salad supper for Epiphany at church, and it was lovely. And much better for me.

Later, I might have something to say about that TV show thats getting so much buzz... but, it conflicted with the Pistons game, so Daniel was taped but not watched yet in our house. I'll just be a day behind.

I am also a day late with the Friday quizzes. And one will be a bit short. Here goes...

The RevGals Friday Five: Housewifery
St. Casserole and I would like to know four household products, utensils or appliances that have served you well and truly. For item #5, please share with us one of the above we should never, ever, under any circumstances purchase or expect to manipulate, use or otherwise operate successfully.

1. My 8" Wusthoff Classic Chef's knife. I love it, I use it for everything. Its a great shape, the handle is comfortable (not too big for my small hands), and its wide enough to use for smashing garlic or pitting olives without cutting my hands.

2. My big wooden cutting board with the grooves for handles. This board is huge. Like my buddy/idol Rachael Ray says, if you have a big cutting board, you can just make little piles of stuff as you go and you don't have to worry about when you chop things. Also, my brilliant husband had the idea that we only chop on one side of the board. That way, we can flip it over, and have a nice wooden board for serving stuff. It usually doubles as a cheese tray.

3. Um... I hate cleaning. I don't really do it, if I can help. Luke, on the other hand, hates grocery shopping. So... you'll have to ask him about the rest of the things that are supposed to go on this list.


Tripp tagged me for another Friday game. He even emailed me to tell me. Wasn't that nice of him?

The Friday Feast (via Tripp)

Appetizer Have you ever seen a ghost or an angel?
I was simply going to say no, but AKMA's answer was so perfect that I will simply defer to him.

Soup What is your favorite board game?
My favorite game is Apples to Apples, but it only has cards and no board. So, to really answer the question, I will have to say Trivial Pursuit.

Salad What was the last movie you saw that made you cry?
Narnia. I cried at the beginning when all the children were getting on the train. I actually thought that was the hardest part of the movie to watch.

Main Course What would you do if you had 3 months off from your job?
Travel. We had dinner with friends this week, and they are going the most amazing places this year! Japan, South Africa, Alaska, maybe Turkey, maybe London... they invited us to go along on a trip. It got me antsy to go some place interesting.

Of course, the next time I take three months off work will probably coincide with the arrival of a child. Which won't be for a while, in case anyone is wondering.

Dessert What kind of shoes are you wearing today?
Well, I'm inside at the moment, so I'm not wearing any. But when I leave for the store in a few minutes, I will put on my red leather Mary Jane-style shoes from the Bass outlet in Michigan City. Red shoes rock.

No comments: