Monday, May 12, 2003

Home


Luke and I got back last night from a weekend in Ann Arbor, visiting our moms for Mother's Day. We managed to see my mom, Luke's parents, Luke's grandma, aunt and uncle, and a few friends, all in one 48-hour visit. Its a good thing I'm an extrovert! Luke, on the other hand... well, lets just say he was really tired by the time we got home last night. The trip brought much good news as well - one friend is newly pregnant, another friend received his postulancy, and Luke's dad has finished the draft of his book. We got to go to our home parish too, which was wonderful. I did come to a realization though, that this parish I have called home for my entire life will never again be my home parish. At the same time, I realized how much Seabury has become home. In high school, our show choir did a medley from The Wiz, and this song came to mind:
When I think of home,
I think of a place where there's
love overflowing
I wish I was home, I wish I was back there
With the things I've been knowing

So, I guess I'm just feeling pretty blessed that I feel I have two homes these days. But, if any of y'all want to come visit Ann Arbor someday, I'll be glad to take you... as long as you're willing to go to my favorite ice cream store!

PS - Lizzie, I fixed the link. Thanks for the heads up!

No comments: