Saturday, December 11, 2004

Done. Kinda. Sorta. Nope, Not Really


I'm done! Seabury classes are over, I took my last online quize (Liturgical Calendar and Daily Offices), turned in my papers (Theology and John Donne), and I even went to the good-bye party for some of the students who are leaving after this term. Then, last night, I watched some TV and played with the craft supplies I bought last week. Everything around here has the attitude and atmosphere of done. Did I mention I'm done?

Except theres a catch. I'm not done. My class at the other seminary meets next week, and I still need to write a paper over there. We're reading Teaching Community: A Pedgogy of Hope by bell hooks, which I'm enjoying. But here is one of the curses of being an extrovert: you absorb other people's attitudes even when they don't apply to you.

Perhaps there is something to learn here, about the already/not yet. Advent is good season for that after all - waiting for something that has already happened, remembering an event of the future.

Did I mention that I'm done? Yeah, I didn't think so.

No comments: