Sometime I'll get back to posting something other than memes and quizzes. But, for now, Grace-Thing tagged me for the Eight Things meme, so here we go...
I'm supposed to post the rules. So, I'll be nice and do that:
1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
3.At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
1. I love to cook, and would love to take classes at a culinary school. I'd especially like to take a knife skills class. However, I cook vegetarian food - except mushrooms. I hate mushrooms. I think I could not really go to culinary school because I hate mushrooms. Yes, even portobellos.
2. I have sung in choirs since I was six years old, and I used to want to go into music education. Since I was eleven years old, I've wanted to take voice lessons - but it never worked out. Until now! This fall I will start singing with a choral ensemble in my area, and to get ready for that, I'll be taking some voice lessons with someone from my church. I'm so excited about both prospects that I get teary and a goofy grin whenever I talk about it.
3. If I lived in a warmer climate, and had a relaxed enough job, I would wear a tank top everyday, with a cotton skirt. Its the most comfortable outfit ever.
4. I have two sapphires in my engagement ring, and two in my wedding ring. I had wanted an engagement ring with sapphires since I was a kid. The choir director at my church has sapphires in her ring - I think that was probably what planted the idea in my mind. I loved everything about her when I was kid. (Still do!) The summer before I got engaged, my mom inherited some jewelry from my great-grandmother... including her engagement ring, which had a row of sapphires. My mom let us re-set some stones from Nana's jewelry, and so I got my engagement ring with sapphires. I love it, and I wear it everyday.
5. Its not random or a secret that I love Michigan football. But that wasn't always true! As a kid in Ann Arbor, I thought football was annoying - on football Saturdays, we couldn't go downtown, and my mom liked to sit in her room and listen to the game on the radio. I thought it was terribly boring. It was only as a student at Michigan that I learned to love football. Now, my mom and I call each other after almost every game!
6. People associate me with ice cream. I think this is because I would happily eat ice cream for most meals. I just love the stuff. When I got married, we received multiple ice cream makers, as well as ice cream accessories (scoops, dishes, toppings).
7. I can't stand turning off a tv show or a movie in the middle. Even if I've already seen the movie, or don't like the show, I just can't stand not finishing it. And yes, I'm a "J" on the Meyers-Briggs.
8. My church "aethestic" is low church - I'm not big on lots of vestments, or incense, or big processions really. But I love to sing the service. I love the sound of chant, I love the feel of chanting the words, and the holy space that opens up when worship is sung. I hoep to someday find a community where I can easily live into both of these worship identities... though, my current one is pretty close in a lot of ways.
Now for eight other people to play.... I don't know who all's been tagged on this yet... how about PPB, Tripp, TurtleDeb, Mark, La Sequencia, Mrs. M, Si (so he'll post!!), and Frank (same reason!)