Saturday, January 13, 2007
moving right along
There it is... the fork in the road/tire. Thankfully, my car doesn't look like that anymore, especially since I'm putting all kinds of miles on it this weekend.
Our New Years vacation was wonderful. We loved everything about Pasadena except the score of the game, which really isn't Pasadena's fault. Since returning, life has been a bit of a whirlwind - Luke is at a conference this weekend, I'm away next weekend, etc.
In the meantime, however, I made a new pasta recipe that I'm enamored with, courtesy of my new Moosewood Simple Suppers cookbook. Here's what you do:
- Boil water and cook pasta - something small and chunky. I used bowties.
- chop up a bunch of onion, and cook on medium/medium low heat in a tablespoon or so of olive oil until they carmelize (turn brown but not burned).
- after the onions caremelize, add veggie stock or white wine or water or something to deglaze the pan - I used lemon juice and water - then take it off the heat
- crumble up a bunch of blue cheese.
- toss hot pasta with onions (and liquid), blue cheese, and little of the pasta water.
The cheese melts and gets all creamy and yummy. Its super rich. A great bowl of comfort food, that comes together in very little time. Yum!