Friday, June 16, 2006

RGBP Friday Five

I just returned from a two-day whirlwind introduction to the General Convention of the Episcopal Church in Columbus. I'll try and post more about that later, but let me say this - the schedule is NOT designed for people who like to sleep. No wonder we sometimes get cranky at each other. So, in honor of that... the Friday Five!

1. In what kind of environment do you sleep best?
Actually, I can sleep almost anywhere. Its a well-honed talent. I do like a decent pillow, and I like to have some kind of cover - even just a sheet will do.

2. How much sleep do you need to feel consistently well-rested? How much can you get by on? What are the consequences when you don't get enough?
I prefer nine hours of sleep. And I ususally get preety close to that, on account of A) no kids, and B) a boss who understands that I am not really a morning person, and doesn't mind if I get to work somewhere between 9 and 9:30ish. I can get by on less - although I've never pulled a true all-nighter, so I guess I need at least a couple hours.

The consequences? Tears. Cranky-ness. Inability to talk. Its just bad, all around bad.

3. Night owl or morning person?
I like sleep a lot. So really, neither. But more of a night owl. I have a hard time being in bed before 11.

4. Favorite cure for insomnia

In-what? See #1 above.

5. To snooze or not to snooze? Why or why not?

I do, every morning. But its oh-so-evil. I keep meaning to move the clock across the room... but I know the woman who is the local host for NPR's Morning Edition, so its kinda fun to listen to her when I'm waking up.

No comments: