Wednesday, February 11, 2004

Tis A Gift...


Yesterday was one of those days when a lot of great stuff happened, but I was tired and almost didn't notice. We had a community forum on worship and music here at Seabury, which I helped some other people plan. It went really well, I thought. The discussion and stories were great, but the best part for me was actually sharing music and feeling it build community- especially with one particular song. THen I had preaching class. I wasn't scheduled to read or preach, so I just sat and listened to three sermons. I heard sad stories and happy endings, failure and renewal, death and resurrection. Preaching class can be difficult- two hours of sitting in less-than-comfy wooden pews, at a sleep time of day- but yesterday it was a great gift to me. As was mentioned in a sermon yesterday, sometimes we don't always want the gifts that God has for us - and I didn't particularly want to be there. But it was beautiful and refreshing and challenging and... simply, a gift.
Speaking of gifts, I am about to check out some wedding registries. Luke & I are heading to Boston this weekend, for his best friend's wedding. Ruben was one of the two "best men" at our wedding. It should be a joyous time, and I can't wait to see them and all of Luke's Oberlin friends. Yay.
And, speaking of Luke - he has actually joined the Blogiverse! Along with some friends and colleagues, he has founded an organization called CYSIonline. The idea is to get young social innovators together and talking about what they do. So, the blog is a collection of articles thus far, and they just launced it today. So go visit and check out what my husband does for a living. Maybe he can join Tripp's satellite campus too!

No comments: