Sunday, March 20, 2005

Does this still count?


Is the weekend before classes start still 'spring break', even though you wouldn't have classes on a weekend anyway? I'm not sure. But, no matter how you count it, I am at the end of Spring Break, and I am pleased to say that the last "spring break" I'll have for a while has been well spent. I rested and relaxed for a couple days, then spent a couple days in New Orleans visiting a good friend. We heard some great music, ate some good food, drank some good beer, painted a boat, and got very little sleep. Plus, I added something to my list of "10 Things I've Done That You Probably Haven't" that I've been meaning to post - see below. So, thankfully, I also spent the last day and a half of my spring break doing some more resting and relaxing. I got to see Si as Felix in the Odd Couple (very funny play, very good job Si!), and spent some desparately needed quality time with a couple friends. It was loverly. Plus, I dropped in on Reconciler tonight. We sang a hymn that contains one of my favorite lines of hymnody: "Know that the Lord is God indeed, without our aid he did us make". Yep. God didn't need your help to do great things before you were around, and still doesn't need us for much of anything. Humility, humility, humility - all with a touch of humor. I love it. And now - a little guitar (file that under the Rest & Relaxation category) and then off to bed with me: I have a Class tomorrow!! But first... that post i've been meaning to finish:

The "10 Things I've Done blah blah blah" Game.
1. Climbed to the top of the dome of the Florence Cathedral and St. Peter's in the Vatican. In the same trip.
2. Spent two weeks in Ireland with no plans other than our plane ticket in and out of the country - all because we wanted to be more spontaneous people
3. Marched in last mile of cross-country peace march to the United Nations in NYC, carrying a banner that my homeroom made
4. Married my high school sweetheart
5. Sang a solo in front of my whole school in the 7th grade (a whole song - "Memory" from Cats to be exact)
6. Spent six weeks commuting between Ann Arbor and New York City... working in Michigan from Tuesday to Friday, weekends in the city
7. Helped build the frame for a two-story theater set - and then helped stand it up
8. Rode horses in glacier nat'l park
9. Took a hot-air balloon ride (sunset in San Diego)
10. Driven a motorboat down the Louisiana bayou (that would be the one I added this week)

No comments: